US FEDERAL LAWS AND RELATED
7/1/99 Title 40 CFR This GPO site has the complete contents
of Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations as printed in the
July 1999 version of the printed CFR. The CFR is searchable and is
available in Adobe Acrobat format and plain text.
More than a dozen major statutes or laws form the legal
basis for the programs of the Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA). (More about the full
text of these laws.)
National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA); 42 U.S.C.
4321-4347 NEPA is the basic national charter for protection of the
environment. It establishes policy, sets goals, and provides means
for carrying out the policy.
- NEPA full
text | More
Chemical Safety Information, Site Security and Fuels Regulatory
Relief Act Public Law 106-40, Jan. 6, 1999; 42 U.S.C. 7412(r)
Amendment to Section 112(r) of the Clean Air Act
Factsheets and full
- The Clean Air Act (CAA); 42 U.S.C. s/s 7401 et seq.
CAA full text | Guide to the
CAA | CAA - US Code
- The Clean Water Act (CWA); 33 U.S.C. s/s 121 et seq.
summary | CWA full text
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund) 42 U.S.C. s/s 9601 et seq.
summary | CERCLA full
- The Emergency Planning & Community Right-To-Know Act
(EPCRA); 42 U.S.C. 11011 et seq. (1986)
summary | EPCRA full
- The Endangered Species Act (ESA); 7 U.S.C. 136;16 U.S.C.
460 et seq. (1973)
summary | ESA full text
- The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
(FIFRA); 7 U.S.C. s/s 135 et seq. (1972)
summary | FIFRA full text
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) 21 U.S.C.
301 et seq.
- Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) Public Law 104-170,
Aug. 3, 1996
FQPA summary and full
- The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA); U.S.C. s/s 552
summary | FOIA full text
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA); 29 U.S.C.
651 et seq. (1970)
summary | OSHA full
- The Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (OPA); 33 U.S.C. 2702 to
summary | OPA full text
- The Pollution Prevention Act (PPA); 42 U.S.C. 13101 and
13102, s/s et seq. (1990)
summary | PPA full text
- The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); 42
U.S.C. s/s 6901 et seq. (1976)
summary | RCRA full